For those bringing their significant others and/or families. Below is a proposed agenda of activities.
Thursday (guided tour:)
- 9 am | Continental breakfast
- 9:15 am | Meet in hotel lobby for orientation where suggested destinations will be discussed, (Smithsonian 101) metro system will be explained, etc.
- 9:30 am | Group to leave for tour
- 9:30am – 4pm | Tour with lunch break: Air & Space Museum, Natural History Museum and Holocaust Museum (free but tickets needed- in advance or day of- advanced tickets are recommended and available online)
- 5:30pm | Cocktail hour at hotel or, for those attending the Opening Ceremonies, they should head out at this time
- 6 – 8pm | Opening Ceremonies at FIU in DC
Friday (guided tour:)
- 9am | Continental breakfast
- 9:15am | Meet in hotel lobby for orientation where suggested destinations will be discussed, (Smithsonian 101,) metro system will be explained, etc..
- 9:30am | Group to leave for tour
- 9:30am – 4pm | Tour with lunch break: The monuments (Washington, Lincoln, WWII, Jefferson, MLK, Roosevelt)
- 6 – 8pm | Sirius XM Reception near Union Station
- 10am | Meet in hotel lobby to head to brunch
- 10:30am – 12pm | Bottomless brunch (unlimited food and alcoholic/non-alcoholic beverages) at Zengo $35 pp (not including tax and tip)
- 12pm | Head back to hotel
- 12:30-2pm | Hotel Session – The Familia: Your role as partners, parents and children
- 2 – 6pm | Prep for gala. Many women ask where they can get their hair and makeup done for these events so, let’s make it easy and bring the services to them with beautifying services available if a space can be set aside for this offering: makeup, nails and hair. I can bring in professionals for all three to set up in that room. Makeup services will be available for $45 (extra cost for false lashes,) up-dos and other styling (pricing to come,) manicures $30.
- 7pm – 12am | Gala at OAS
- 11pm – 3am | Gala After Party
- 8:30 – 10am | Dance Fitness and Yoga if rooms can be set aside for this
- 10 – 10:30am | Smoothie bar to be set up in this space
- 12 – 2pm | Family visits to National Zoo (free)